Trouble going? AVODART® can help improve urinary symptoms.
For men with symptomatic benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) and an enlarged prostate, AVODART® can help treat their symptoms. Over time, AVODART® can shrink the prostate. If left untreated, the prostate may continue to grow, and in some men lead to worsening urinary symptoms.
Benefits of AVODART® can include:
- Improvement of urinary symptoms
- Shrinking the size of the prostate over time
- Reducing the risk of developing acute urinary retention (AUR), the sudden inability to urinate
- Reducing the risk of needing surgery for an enlarged prostate
If you have BPH, talk to your doctor about improving your symptoms and shrinking your prostate and ask if AVODART® is right for you.
From clinical trials with AVODART® as monotherapy or in combination with tamsulosin:
- The most common adverse reactions reported in subjects receiving AVODART® were
- decreased libido
- breast disorders (including breast enlargement and tenderness)
- and ejaculation disorders.
This is not a full list of side-effects, and you should talk to your doctor before taking AVODART® alone or with other medications.